~Where the Past is Always Present~

Friday, August 13, 2010

The Strainer Transformation!!!

                              
I made a shoo-fly screen!!!! 
Yeaaaaaa!!!!

I have been wanting to do this for some time and have found a few strainers on my junkin/antiqueing trips. I found a .25 cent strainer on my last junkin trip and had my husband cut the handles off.  I then followed the instructions by Genevieve of Olde Pear Primitives. I think it was very nice of her to share these awesome instructions!!!

Here is a link to her primitive shoo-fly tutorial:


Also here is a link to her tutorial in creating a faux rust finish:


Here is the before picture:

...............and here is the after picture:
Ta-Da!!!!
I used Autumn Brown paint for the shoo-fly screen and I placed a 1" wooden knob on top which I painted black, sanded and applied Gunstock stain over the paint.

I really like how it turned out and appreciate the instructions that Genevieve shared.
 I think I will keep this one and hope to make a few to place in our craft/antique booth!!!

Blessings
&
Have a Great Weekend!!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Paula, you just reminded me that I want to make one, I too would like to thank Gen for sharing this tut...have a great weekend..

Ronda

Benita said...

Oh I love your shoofly screen Paula ~ it turned out perfect !!! Do you have any fun adventures planned for this weekend ?? I sure wish I could go to Amish country this weekend ~ yummy !!
LUVS ~N~HUGS
Benita

Paula-Pieces from the Past said...

Thanks girls-no plans but working this weekend-vacation is over Benita :(

southern cookbook said...

Great job. This looks really neat. A great idea as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails